The Institute of Social Informatics and Technological Innovations (ISITI-CRI) began its operation in April 2011, and was upgraded from the Centre of Excellence for Rural Informatics (CoERI); the Centre was established given the success of our flagship bridging-the-digital-divide pilot project, eBario. A key focus of ISITI is to bridge the technology-people’s gap; in particular, encompassing technological innovations for indigenous communities.
Community and InstituteWe should prioritize the needs of the community and the Institute above all else, as our main purpose for being a part of ISITI is to serve the community.
TrustAs a relationship based on trust is the key to our success and sustainability, we must continue to maintain our close ties with the community and build our existing networks.
QualityThe quality of our work reflects on the image of the Institute therefore we should always aim for the highest levels of excellence in all that we do.
- Respectful. We should respect those we are working with, irrespective of who they are, what positions they hold.
- Responsible. By taking Responsibility of our actions, being responsible in our dealings, will help to build trust.
- Resilient. Many times we are charting new grounds, trying new things, treading where usually no one has gone before.
- Sustainable. We should aim for Sustainability in all projects, be it, in community or at the Institute.
- Innovative. ISITI-CRIans have to be innovative to develop efficient and effective products, services, technologies, and processes.